Monday, September 12, 2016

Multiplication Facts, better known as Quick Facts (QF)

We will start multiplication fact practice this week. Each week we will have a Fact of the Week! We start off easy and get progressively more difficult. Students will pre-test Mondays, practice throughout the week on that given number, then take a post test on Friday. I tell students that I don't care if they pass, I simply want to see improvement! Even if students start the week passing, I still want to see improvement on their time come Friday.

Today I sent home flash cards. Yes, they're flash cards for 10s. Even though students may already know their tens, please use them to improve proficiency. Also, KEEP flash cards in a designated spot at home and each week add that week's cards to the stack. As time goes on, practice number groups both in isolation and mixed with other number sets.

I will discuss this further at back to school night (Sept 22nd at 7pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment